ADT Medical Alert Review
- Starting Price at $29.99/mo
ADT is one of the largest brands in the medical alert industry and has built their company around a strong brand that provides security and safety for millions of people.Call Now for Offer Detail 888-905-0806
About ADT Medical Alert
On its website, ADT writes that it “recognizes that seniors are unique and have growing health monitoring and security needs, so we have devoted significant resources to meet those needs with state-of-the-art home health security products and services.”
The system works much like offerings from other companies – if you suffer a medical or any other kind of emergency, simply press the “help” button on the base unit or if you are in another room, the alert button on your pendant or bracelet. Within moments a trained monitor will begin communicating with you through the unit. If you need assistance, the monitor will call an ambulance and your emergency contacts. It is as simple as that – you are never alone; help is just the press of a button away.
However, shopping for such a system is not as simple. All of the medical alert systems out there are very similar and it is difficult to choose between companies. Here are some pros and cons of going with ADT.
Final Review About ADT Medical Alert
Overall, You can never go wrong choosing a trusted company like ADT. Many start-ups offer great deals and then fail, leaving you without your life-saving protection. You know ADT is not going anywhere and will always be there for you with top-notch service.
The Pros ( + )
- With ADT Medical Alert Systems, you know you are choosing a solid company with more than a century of experience.
- Like every medical alarm company, ADT operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, so you will never go without protection.
- ADT’s unit has a long-range capability of up to 300 feet, so your alert button will work around the house and even outside.
- Monitors are trained “to communicate with respect and to recognize the specific needs of seniors, responding quickly through the ADT home medical alert system, and with the proper amount of care.”
- ADT offers free activation and competitive monthly rates. You can see the latest offers at the ADT medical alert website.
- The base unit has a test light that comes on every 30 days to remind you to test the unit to make sure it is working properly. This will give you peace of mind that if you ever encounter an emergency, you know the system will not fail you.
- The base unit includes temperature sensors that will send you an alert if the temperatures are unsafe, whether they are too high or too low. You will not find this feature with most companies.
- As another layer of protection, ADT offers an option that would seize your phone line in the event that the phone is off the hook or goes unanswered. The phone would be disconnected and a call would be placed to the monitoring center.
The Cons ( - )
- While activation is free, ADT does charge an installation fee. Many companies offer free installation.
- The charge is because an ADT service technician will come to your house to install the unit. Almost every other company will just send you the system so you can install it yourself. It really is quite simple and does not require a technician. However, if you are not technically inclined and do not mind paying for this service, this could be a pro for you.
- ADT does not offer automatic fall detection. Many companies do not offer this because they feel the technology has not yet been perfected.
- You have to sign a one-year contract with ADT. There are other companies where no commitment is required and you can cancel at any time without penalty.
- ADT’s website says its medical alert system works “independently of an ADT security system,” so it is unclear if you are able to tie medical alert into a larger system that monitors for burglar activity, as well as smoke, fire and carbon monoxide detection. Other companies offer all the systems in one.
- Again the website is not clear, but it appears you need a traditional landline to use the medical alert system. This is not uncommon, as many companies have the same procedure. However, there are a few companies that allow you to use an Internet-based telephone, and even a couple that can hook the system up through your cell phone.
Reviewed by Mark Berman at Medical Alert Comparison
ADT Medical Alert Customer Reviews - 3 user reviews
"N/A out of 5 based on 3 ratings"
"william winston", 01/07/2015"no problems your staff is doing great "
"Kelly chavira", 01/07/2015"Awesome product and customer service!"
"Overview of satisfaction"....
"Ann", 01/05/2015"So far ok, thankfully have not had to use it. I think it is too large. Some I hAve seen are smaller. Easier to hide in your clothes(bra)"